Let us answer your questions with this guide to Frequently Asked Questions. Select the question below that best fits your inquiry, or contact our team for more information.
- How many square feet of exhibit space does the Austin Convention Center have?
- How many meeting rooms does the Convention Center have?
- What are the largest downtown hotels? How many rooms? Meeting space?
- How many hotel rooms are within walking distance to the Convention Center?
- How old is the Austin Convention Center?
- What are the average monthly temperatures in Austin?
- How far is it from the airport to downtown?
- What are the transportation options from the airport to downtown?
- How many restaurants are in downtown Austin?
- Is there a welcome program at the airport?
Q: How many square feet of exhibit space does the Austin Convention Center have?
A: More than 247,000 gross square feet - contiguous and column-free. This space can be divided into five exhibit halls. Learn more about the Convention Center.
- The Hilton Austin is adjacent to the Convention Center. The hotel offers 800 total rooms and 80,000 square feet of meeting space, along with a new skybridge which connects the hotel to the Center.
- The JW Marriott Austin is located two blocks from the Convention Center, providing 1,012 rooms and 110,000 square feet of meeting space.
- The new Fairmont Austin, opened in spring 2018, is adjacent and connected to the Convention Center via the Red River Canopy Walk. The hotel offers 1,048 rooms and 140,000 square feet of total meeting space.
- Opening in early 2020 across the street from the Austin Convention Center, the 613-room Austin Marriott Downtown will feature 64,000 square feet of event space.
Q: What are the average monthly temperatures in Austin?
A: Normal average daily temperature: 65.4°F (18.9°C). Learn more about Austin's seasons and weather.
Q: What is the distance from the airport to downtown?
A: It's a mere 7.5 miles, less than 15 minutes drive time. Learn more about the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
Q: What are the transportation options from the airport to downtown?
A: Your attendees have many convenient choices to get where they need to be. Learn more about getting around Austin.
- Airport Flyer Bus Service
- $1.75 one way bus service
- Austin's Capitol Metro offers direct airport bus service via a dedicated route that travels between the airport and downtown, the Capitol and The University of Texas.
- Toll-free: 800-474-1201
- Carter Transportation
- $15 (one way), $28 (round-trip from downtown)
- 512-BLUEVAN (258-3826)
- 24/7 Dispatch: 512-929-3900 x 2
- Group Sales: 512-929-3900
- $30 (one way from airport to downtown)
Q: How many restaurants are in downtown Austin?
A: There are more than 200 restaurants, with a wide culinary range and many award-winning options. Learn more about dining in Austin.
Q: Is there a welcome program at the airport?
A: Yes. Options such as banners, welcome stations, live music performances and special transportation accommodations can be arranged through Austin-Bergstrom International Airport Welcoming Services.